A powerful industrial vibrator can generate shaking to help speed up industrial, agricultural and construction jobs. These products are a cost-effective means to maintain the free flow of product from bins, hoppers and chutes, with a positive result on the bottom line. Industrial vibrators differentiate themselves based on how they are powered.
- Air Powered: Built for continuous use on a variety of hoppers, bins and chutes, and can operate in any position. The downside is these units tend to make more noise.
- Electric Powered: Totally enclosed, and extremely efficient these units can be used inside or outside, in dust, dirt, rain or snow for speeding the flow of bulk materials.
Choosing the right vibrator can be difficult, because of all of the factors that affect how the material is being handled. Some of the factors that should be considered are:
- Weight of the material that needs to be shaken
- Thickness of the container where the material is held
- Moisture content
Simply put if you’re not sure how to choose the perfect vibrator visit our vibrator webpage, or give us a call at 866-453-2700.
ISC is now a proud dealer of Coilhose Pneumatics, the industry’s leading manufacturer of air tool accessories and air line controls. From hose and tubing to blowguns to FRLs to quick disconnects, and now we have it all for sale. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in the United States, Coilhose offers the highest quality tools at the best prices.
Here are a few of the brand new products we are offering:
- Blow Guns: Made out of a more durable metal, these new blowguns have a longer life span and can operate at a higher PSI.
- Couplers and Connectors: Trying to find the right connector is sometimes like trying to find a needle in a haystack, fortunately we now have a wider selection available making your shopping experience less stressful.
- Coiled Hose: This is the product that made the company, as such we are confidently stand behind the original manufacturer of the pneumatic coiled hose to meet your needs.
Couple any of these items with our always increasing selection of pneumatic tools and compressors, ISC is aiming to become your one stop pneumatic shop.
We recently expanded air knives and after exhaustive training and research I wanted to pass some knowledge to our community. For those of you who don’t know an air knife is a non contact method of drying used primarily for drying and debris removal. This is done by focusing compressed air through small outlet channel, to produce a sheet of high pressure air flow.
Some of the things to consider when choosing an Air Knife:
1. Size: One plant uses air knives to clean bottles coming down a manufacturing line, while another uses several of them in series to dry the paint on vehicles. So, it’s important to have an idea for the amount of surface air that needs to be covered.
2. Air pressure Velocity: This may seem like common sense, but the further you position the air knife from the actual item the lower the blow off pressure. While blow off pressure is important, the distance the unit will be placed from the subject material can be even more important.
3. Noise: Not all air knives are rated for OSHA noise specifications, trust me you do not want a loud whistling sound piercing your ears every time you turn the system on.
It is also important to make sure you have an air compressor that can supply the 100 PSI the air knife needs to effectively function.
If you have more questions about air knives click the live help button on our website.